the challenge Special Olympics Illinois (SOILL) is a storied organization with an incredible legacy. When they came to us with the goal of recruiting more athletes, volunteers and donors of all demographics—we grasped the opportunity to do something extraordinary. We...
MACLYN is hiring a Tour Manager to plan and execute a 5-month event marketing sampling tour throughout cities in the Midwest during the late Summer/early Fall of 2024.
This position is a full-time position that requires a combination of planning the tour in advance (researching events/venue contracts, logistics, etc.) and managing the event onsite (weekends). The events will be held every weekend from August through November and will last 4-6 hours (markets listed below).
Ideal candidates are looking for the unique combination of a consistent, year-long remote position + onsite event management with travel in/out of the venues (primarily on weekends). During the tour, days off will be slated for mid-week, to accommodate the weekend tour schedule.
- Tour Planning
- Research and conduct outreach to local events and venue to schedule tour stops and storage facilities for the tour vehicle
- Coordinate all contract/pre-event logistics in preparation for the events
- Manage promotional staff planning for each event
- Properly report and manage budget travel and event expenses
- Oversee signage, staff uniforms and event activations supplies in advance of – and during – the tour
- Coordinate with MACLYN team about upcoming event details
- Join team and training calls, when necessary
- Other duties, as assigned
- Onsite Event Activation
- Travel to tour stop
- Prepare vehicle (gas, maintenance, etc.) and load product, water, and ice prior to each event
- Test all equipment
- Drive vehicle to each event and set up vehicle for activations
- Produce a superior sampling experience
- Produce a superior coffee sampling product to brand standards
- Manages a team (1 – 3 people) of on-site brand ambassadors
- Exhibit leadership in training and coordinating brand ambassadors through product knowledge, managing operational procedures, and setting event goals
- Maintain high-level of customer service
- Receive a constant 100% score for vehicle cleanliness
- Drive vehicle to storage facility
- Complete recap and with photos, activation numbers and quotes
- Facilitate inventory reports and order/replenish as needed
- Travel out of tour stops
- Additional Ongoing Tour Administrative Needs
- Manage routine vehicle maintenance – oil changes, washes, etc. to keep the vehicle in proper working conditions
- Class C – Non CDL or higher license with clean driving record
- Previous tour management experience
- Able to lift heavy items – over 50 lbs.
- Able to stand on feet for extended periods of time
- Proactive and friendly personality, self-motivated, and reliable
- Common knowledge in use of gas-powered generator and basic electrical wiring understanding
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience (including health benefits)
- Per diem provided while traveling
- Work with a fun, friendly, outgoing team
Send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org