the challenge Special Olympics Illinois (SOILL) is a storied organization with an incredible legacy. When they came to us with the goal of recruiting more athletes, volunteers and donors of all demographics—we grasped the opportunity to do something extraordinary. We...
Remote Position Located In: Cleveland or Pittsburgh
MACLYN is hiring a Senior AE (SAE) to join a growing Account Services Team, charged with creating and delivering integrated marketing campaigns for one of MACLYN’s flagship clients. The SAE must have previous marketing agency or in-house marketing team experience (minimum 4-6 years). The SAE will be focused on managing and implementing year-round integrated marketing campaigns in a variety of markets, with a primary focus on: Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Detroit.
Integrated marketing campaigns include, but are not limited to: event marketing, sponsorship activation, influencer/social media marketing and media relations. Support in various areas will be provided to the SAE, as needed, but a successful candidate should be able to provide strategic guidance and thought leadership in all categories of integrated marketing.
An ideal candidate for the SAE position has intricate knowledge of one or more of the following markets: Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Detroit. The SAE will also be charged with becoming an expert on those markets, researching and visiting those markets to truly understand how to communicate with locals. The SAE will be constantly surveying the landscape to know what is pertinent to targeted demographic groups, based on clients’ marketing objectives.
The SAE will be responsible for forging meaningful relationships with various local constituent groups, including clients, partners and media members.
The SAE should be able to prepare for and manage onsite events and activations, as well as encompass the ability to pivot when unforeseen circumstances arise. The SAE should be able to handle all aspects of event planning (contracts, permitting, event insurance, etc.) and all aspect of executing the event (staffing, premium items, signage, etc.). The SAE must be willing to handle every aspect – no matter how small the task – to ensure the client’s event marketing business objectives are met.
The SAE will provide onsite management and travel to client events, many of which take place on the weekends and in the evenings. The SAE will be expected to manage/attend events that occur in the evenings and on the weekends. Additionally, travel may be required to various cities and states.
The SAE will report to the Vice President and will help manage members of the Account Services marketing team. The ideal candidate must flourish in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and has exceptional organizational, communication and people skills. This person must be extremely resourceful and have the ability to work independently.
- Manage and implement year-round integrated marketing campaigns in a variety of markets, with a primary focus on: Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Detroit.
- Integrated marketing campaigns include, but are not limited to: event marketing, sponsorship activation, influencer/social media marketing and media relations.
- Team support will be provided, as needed for certain areas, but the SAE will need to be proficient in planning and executing all facets of events and activations.
- The SAE will be required to be onsite for all client events and activations.
- Responsible for forging meaningful relationships with various constituent groups, including local clients, partners and media members.
- Must become a local expert in assigned markets – which requires researching and visiting those markets to truly understand how to communicate with key demographic groups.
- Attend client and internal meetings, as required – both virtually and in person
- Help the Vice President & Account Directors manage the Account Services Marketing Team
- Coordinate all contract/pre-event logistics in preparation for events, including but not limited to:
- Oversee all necessary permitting
- Hire and manage promotional staff
- Manage signage, staff uniforms and event activations supplies
- Facilitate all administrative duties including status reports and recaps, inventory reports, project documentation, client billing, internal job management, and other administrative requests, as assigned
- Contribute to strategic planning and ideation for the client
- Complete additional tasks as assigned to support the agency and the Account Services Team
- 4-6 years experience with an agency or in-house marketing team
- Located in one of the following markets: Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Detroit
- Knowledge of integrated marketing program development and implementation
- Quick Service Restaurant marketing experience a major plus
- Ability to manage team members, simultaneously motivating them and providing helpful expertise to bring the client’s event marketing campaigns to life
- Capable of communicating clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, to a variety of constituent groups – ranging from clients to internal team members
- Results oriented and self-motivated, ability to work remotely and deliver on objectives
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Proactive with a strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail
- Positive approach to people and projects
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word required
- Salary commensurate with experience
Send an email with your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.