the challenge Before America could run on Dunkin’, the Midwest market needed help to turn a Boston import into a hometown hero.the solution For over 20 years as a prolific Dunkin’ partner, we’ve perked up brand loyalty and kept excitement brewing in 53 markets all...
MACLYN doesn’t want a copywriter. We want someone who reads Whitman during their lunch break, then references him in a billboard. Someone who asks for a second check from the waiter because they scribbled all over the first. Someone with strong opinions about beat poetry. We want the writer who describes bad breath as “the aftermath of a grizzly bear fight.” Not “smelly.” We want the writer who knows that the dignity of movement of an iceberg is due to only one ninth of it being above water. That’s Hemingway, but you already knew that. Right? So, if you struggle against the “good enough,” if you reject the easy and the obvious to seek out the truly original, let’s write. Scratch that. Let’s make something that’ll sell beef jerky to vegans. If you are an ink-stained badass with a library in your head and a copy of Advertising Age in your hand, keep reading.
You should be exceptional at:
- Concepting big and small (i.e. big ideas, brand platforms, campaigns, headlines, taglines, social media posts, etc.)
- Long copy (i.e. concept decks, annual reports, brochures, collateral, emails, blogs, etc.)
- Building, maintaining and owning a brand voice
- Social media and its ever-changing landscape
- Small parts that are BIG parts: details like spelling, grammar and proofing
Things that will start the conversation:
- Experience creating mind-blowing, sky shattering work in digital, video and print that turns your audience into card-carrying, flag-waving brand zealots
- 1-3 years of agency experience, but don’t be shy if you have mad skills from elsewhere
- Bachelor’s degree or enough experience to justify not having one
If you think you have the duende, submit your portfolio, resume, creative philosophy (a couple killer paragraphs will do) and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.