the challenge Since 2007, the Golf for Injured Veterans Everywhere Foundation (GIVE) has been working tirelessly to improve the lives of Iowa’s military heroes through therapeutic golf instruction, social engagement, community outreach and more. The work they do and...
MACLYN is hiring an Account Executive/Event Marketing to join a growing Account Services Team, charged with creating and delivering integrated marketing campaigns for one of our flagship clients.
The Account Executive will be focused on year-round event marketing and sponsorship activation campaigns. The Account Executive will report to the Account Director (AD) of Event Marketing and will help the AD manage the event marketing team, as well as be directly responsible for planning and executing event marketing campaigns (including onsite management and travel to events, many of which take place on the weekends and in the evenings).
The Account Executive will be responsible for planning and flawless execution of events (which will take place sporadically throughout the year and throughout the country/Midwest region). Onsite leadership/attendance at all events is a primary duty of this position. The Account Executive must be willing to handle every aspect – no matter how small the task – to ensure the client’s event marketing business objectives are met.
Most event marketing campaigns take place at night and on the weekends, thus the AE will be expected to manage/attend events at night and on the weekend. Additionally, some travel may be required for onsite executions.
An ideal candidate for the Account Executive position has meaningful event marketing experience (4-6 years). The Account Executive should be able to prepare for and manage onsite events, as well as encompass the ability to pivot when unforeseen circumstances arise. The Account Executive should be able to handle all aspects of event planning and thrive in an environment that requires interpersonal interactions with event attendees. The ideal candidate must flourish in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and has exceptional organizational and people skills. This person is proficient in event planning and extremely resourceful.
- Create, plan and execute events, ranging from local/grassroots campaigns to large-scale activations
- Help the Account Director manage event marketing team
- Act as event lead, managing onsite staff and interacting with consumers at local event activations throughout the country (with a focus on the Midwest/near east markets)
- Research and conduct outreach to local events, organizations and venues to schedule various events in key markets for the client
- Coordinate all contract/pre-event logistics in preparation for events, including but not limited to:
- Hire and manage promotional staff
- Oversee signage, staff uniforms and event activations supplies
- Coordinate all necessary permits required
- Facilitate all administrative duties including status reports and recaps, inventory reports, project documentation, client billing, internal job management, and other administrative requests as assigned
- Contribute to strategic planning and ideation for the client
- Complete additional tasks as assigned to support the agency and the Account Services Team
- 4-6 years experience in marketing/advertising, with specific event planning/marketing background
- Able to set up, work/manage and tear down events, which can include lifting and moving heavy items (more than 50 lbs.)
- Quick Service Restaurant marketing experience a major plus
- Ability to manage team members, simultaneously motivating them and providing helpful expertise to bring the client’s event marketing campaigns to life
- Capable of communicating clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, to a variety of constituent groups ranging from clients to internal team members
- Results oriented and self-motivated, with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail, reliable and great energy
- Proactive and friendly personality, self-motivated, and reliable
- Knowledge of integrated marketing program development and implementation
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word required
- Salary commensurate with experience
Send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.