the challenge Before America could run on Dunkin’, the Midwest market needed help to turn a Boston import into a hometown hero.the solution For over 20 years as a prolific Dunkin’ partner, we’ve perked up brand loyalty and kept excitement brewing in 53 markets all...
As an agency, we are constantly looking at data – our own data, our clients’ data, industry data and so on. In order for our clients, and therefore us, to be successful, all of our decisions need to be knowledge-based – and knowledge comes from data.
It’s not enough for a marketing agency to compile and analyze data – we must also share and review data with our clients on a regular basis. Marketing analytics carry many benefits, both small and large.
So, what are the benefits?
Data informs knowledgeable decisions that lead to success. This is the crux of analytics. Every marketing agency knows that data benefits them, but there are also benefits to their clients, and everybody knows – when our client benefits, we benefit.
- Regular interaction with their marketing agencyReviewing reports each month with their marketing agency strengthens relationships and allows the client to become familiar with and ask questions on the different metrics being reported on.
- AccountabilityRegular reporting helps to hold both the client and the agency accountable for the performance of their campaigns.
- TransparencyTrust is the truest foundation. Regular marketing reports tell the client that their agency is being fully transparent with them.
- Education & EmpowermentWhen a client regularly reviews analytics with their agency to learn more about their data, they’re empowered to ask and answer their own questions. With increased understanding, everyone’s in stronger standing.
- Consolidated data focusing on relevant KPIs from all marketing effortsMarketing analytics reviews require the agency to put relevant metrics & KPIs into one easy-to-digest report. This gives the client one place to see all of the data points that are important to them, without having to sift through pages of irrelevant or unimportant data.
- Strengthen client relationshipsRegular interactions with your clients to review analytics and help them understand their data will strengthen your relationship with them.
- Build trust and credibilityAlong with regular interaction, reports that show the client the data that’s important to them on a regular basis will help the client to trust you and build your credibility with them.
- Give proper credit
Proper reporting also means proper attribution. Show your client what they are getting as a direct result of their campaigns with you.
- Provide added value to your clientsClients often struggle the most when it comes to understanding analytics. Taking the time to show data in a way that makes it easy for your client digest and understand is something they will appreciate greatly.
- Set yourself apart from the competitionNot all agencies master data when it comes to their clients. If your agency can give the client the data they need to see in a simple format and review it on a regular basis with them to answer all their questions, you’re already a step ahead.
- Improve analysis & decision-makingLooking at data in-depth will help you to become better at analysis and help you to make the best decisions for the client when it comes to their marketing efforts.
At MACLYN, we make decisions based on data and we do what we can to make everyone’s lives easier. We take the time to develop reports that are unique to each of our clients and their marketing campaigns, and we take the time to sit down with our clients to help them learn and derive value from the data and answer any and all questions they have – big or small.
When it comes to analytics, there’s a lot to digest – but we’re here to sit at the table and dig in together.
Written by: Kira Ryan, Jr. Strategic Planner