the challenge Before America could run on Dunkin’, the Midwest market needed help to turn a Boston import into a hometown hero.the solution For over 20 years as a prolific Dunkin’ partner, we’ve perked up brand loyalty and kept excitement brewing in 53 markets all...
Padawans, Apprentices, Young Grasshoppers:
Enlist in MACLYN’s Not-Your-Average-Intern Bootcamp, and you’ll train, create and transform alongside bona fide badasses of the advertising world.
It starts with basic training, where you’ll dig into the MACLYN culture and develop a relatively healthy obsession for our clients. Then, when you’re ready, you’ll team-up with your fellow interns to create real work for real clients in a real agency environment.
You’ll climb mountains both metaphorical and literal (seriously). You’ll cut your teeth on real-world challenges. And, along the way, you’ll transform from bright-eyed intern to grizzled Creative Warrior… ready to take-on the real world of advertising.
HERE’S THE DEAL:
- This is a 10-12 week internship program, beginning in June. You’ll be expected to be in the office 40 hours/week.
- The application deadline is March 20th. Looks like you better get moving.
- We’re hiring 2 interns: a Creative and a Strategist.
- By ‘Creative,’ we mean either a future Art Director or a future Copywriter who can launch magic idea-rockets from the tips of their fingers. If you don’t know what those terms mean, we suggest a Google search (and maybe some soul-searching, too).
- By ‘Strategist,’ we mean someone with an unreasonable passion for research, a relatively deep knowledge of advertising tactics, and maybe some clairvoyant capabilities. In elementary school, you were the kid who budgeted their allowance in a spreadsheet. You consistently embarrass your peers at Chess with Friends. You’re fastidious and studious (but not lugubrious).
- Yes, you’ll get paid. You won’t be a starving artist, but you won’t exactly be Gatsby, either.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Training: If this was a Kung Fu movie, they’d cut this part into a montage with an 80’s soundtrack. You’ll shadow the men & women who are doing the job you want to be doing – observing, taking notes, and learning how our badasses became badasses in the first place. You’ll dig deep into MACLYN culture and become (almost-)weirdly obsessed with our clients.
- Creating: You’ll team-up with your intern counterpart (a 2-intern army) along with MACLYN’s Creative Warriors. Together, you’ll make real-world projects for real-world clients. You’ll be expected to develop original creative work/strategy decks (depending on your discipline), assemble them in presentations, and pitch to large groups of moderately judgmental people. It’s kind of like climbing a mountain. Oh, and not to scare you, but one of your presentations will actually take place on a mountain. (It’s more of a large hill, but still…)
- Transforming: This is Bootcamp. It’s intense. We’ll challenge you on a daily basis. We make it tough, because advertising is a tough world. By the end of our program, you’ll be ready to charge into the real ad business, armed to the teeth with some serious skills – the kind that’ll elevate you above your peers. (And hey… we can’t promise anything… but maybe a position will open up at MACLYN. Crazier things have happened.)
HERE’S WHAT WE EXPECT:
Like we said in the headline, this isn’t your average intern program, and we’re not looking for average interns. We won’t expect you to grab coffee (unless it’s for a Dunkin’ Donuts project), but we will expect you to bring a get-sh*t-done mentality and a team-oriented, ‘hoo-rah!’ attitude, along with a dash of obsession and a double-dose of originality.
“Enemy of Average” isn’t just a slogan. It’s our mantra, and we take it seriously. We’re obsessed with our work. We freakin’ love our clients. And we challenge each other on a daily basis to be more awesome than we thought we could ever be. As an intern at MACLYN, we’ll expect the same of you.
HERE’S THE GOLDEN TICKET (DEADLINE: MARCH 20):
If you’re a future art director or copywriter, and you want to be a MACLYN Creative Intern: send your resume and (most importantly) a sample of your creative work to firstname.lastname@example.org. The creative sample could be (just about) anything: a portfolio, a story, a poem you wrote about us. Anything (as long as it’s yours). Prove that you’re awesome, and you just might get the gig.
If you’re a future strategist, and you want to be a MACLYN Strategy Intern: send your resume and (most importantly) a sample of your strategic work to email@example.com. The strategic sample could be (just about) anything: a portfolio, an essay, an advertising strategy deck. Show us that you’re badass, and this just might work out.