the challenge Before America could run on Dunkin’, the Midwest market needed help to turn a Boston import into a hometown hero.the solution For over 20 years as a prolific Dunkin’ partner, we’ve perked up brand loyalty and kept excitement brewing in 53 markets all...
We are hiring an Account Executive with mad media relations skills to work with one of our flagship clients.
As an Account Executive at our Naperville HQ, you will be part of a team – and your primary objective is to provide overall marketing strategic thinking, a killer media relations perspective, the ability to secure media coverage, plus help execute event activations flawlessly.
As our Naperville-based Account Executive, you will:
- Work seamlessly with MACLYN account team to foster a collaborative, efficient and effective plan to help our clients achieve their business objectives
- Manage and implement activations in multiple markets – primarily providing media relations support
- Create meaningful relationships with key media stakeholders in each market
- Create and maintain media lists
- Write media pitch, alerts and releases
- Conduct media outreach/follow-up
- Prepare materials for media opportunities (run of show/speaking points/key messages, etc.)
- Prepare client representatives for media interviews
- Create post-activation reports
- Travel for various in-market travel activations
Things that will help you get in the door:
- Mad media relations skills.Do you know the best time to call and follow-up with a TV newsdesk? Are you comfortable “following up” and “following up” again? We need someone who understand how newsrooms and media outlets work – and can creatively and carefully navigate those waters to secure placements for our client.
- Ability to help activate. Can you help get an event off the ground and running? Are you comfortable securing permits, getting signage printed or helping coordinate a delivery from point A to point B? In other words, can you do what it takes to help our team pull off killer, meaningful event activations?
- Works well with others. Are you a team player? Are you willing to do something – even if it is not glamorous – for the good of the team and the client? We need someone with a collaborative attitude – someone that comes from a place of “yes, we can!”
- Work ethic. We shouldn’t even have to say it, but we will: We need someone who has a work ethic. Plain and simple. If you need details for what that means, you are probably not a good fit.
Things that will start the conversation:
- You have 3+ years of media relations experience. An ideal candidate would have additional experience in the event activation/marketing world.
- You have valuable connections with media members – or at least you know how to build them.
- You are outgoing, unafraid of follow-up and willing to navigate tricky waters to secure a media placement. In some sense, you are salesperson – but you are selling ideas to media – and you are comfortable and capable of landing the deal.
- You know that the devil is in the details, but you can also give a strategic point of view that focuses on achieving overall business objectives for our client.
Think you have the right stuff? Prove it. Send an email with your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.