We’re looking for the Sun Tzu of strategic planners.
You are a more-polite Genghis Khan. An Alexander the Great (without all the blood-lust). A post-rehab Tyrion Lannister.
You breathe insight. You eat data for breakfast, followed by a 3-martini lunch of analytics. You mainline industry pubs. At the end of the day, you treat yourself to a nightcap of market research.
You’re obsessively excited about creative work. You crave it. You talk about it at Thanksgiving dinner. Your friends are planning to hold an intervention.
You are a savant of ‘game theory,’ anticipating 5, 10 moves ahead. You challenged IBM’s Watson to a round of chess, and he politely declined.
As a planner at MACLYN…
You’ll deploy our badass creative work across the advertising battlefield.
You’ll research the industries. You’ll hunt down trends. You’ll position our creative work (and our creative team) for victory. And you’ll make plenty of calendars, too.
If you struggle against the “good enough,” if you reject the easy and the obvious to seek out the truly original, if you are an Enemy of Average who doesn’t leave the apartment without a signed copy of The Art of War, let’s talk.
You should be exceptional at:
- Developing Brand Strategy chock full of key insights and strategic thinking, dare I say “human truths.”
- Writing smart, clear and insightful Creative Briefs.
- Implementing Research projects to gain insights into target-markets & specific client-business issues.
- All kinds of Research: Competitive Analysis, Target-Market Segmentation & Industry Insights.
- Data: Gathering it, synthesizing it and using it to create cohesive strategic recommendations.
- Collaborating with Creative Teams as an active member of the process, informing & educating them with the brains-on-the-floor insights and human truths you’ve uncovered.
- Digital, mobile and the ever-evolving landscape of social media. You should be a social media nerd. No, really: a super-nerd.
- Command and control of both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Storytelling: you should be a bard of fables, delivering complex strategy that inspires as much as it informs.
- Swimming in the pop-culture ocean, spotting trends and human insights. You should be in love with human nature and the way it affects our behavior.
- Client-interaction and relationship-building, able to lead clients on the journey to find who they are to the world now and who they want to be when they grow up.
Things that will start the conversation:
- Experience in creating strategy that fuels mind-blowing, sky-shattering creative in digital, video and print that turns your audience into card-carrying, flag-waving brand zealots.
- 2-5 years of agency experience in strategic planning.
- Bachelor’s degree.
If you think you have the duende, submit your resume, planner portfolio, philosophy (a couple killer paragraphs will do) and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.